Lagunitas Lit

The Student News Site of Lagunitas Community School

Lagunitas Lit

Lagunitas Lit

Puff Daddy Controversy
April 21, 2024
Final Alabama Update
Final Alabama Update
April 19, 2024

The Lions Club Crab Feed

The Lions club has provided tremendous amounts of funding to our school and community for years. One of their gracious acts in supporting our class is to donate to help raise money for the 8th grade Alabama Civil Rights trip.

The 8th grade Civil Rights trip to Alabama is an experience we are so grateful to have. During our trip we will travel to Altlanta to Selma, to Birmingham and back to Atlanta. It was so fun to go around and tell people about the trip. 

Using the Crab Feed, the Lions Club raised 2,600 dollars for the trip. The Crab Feed is exactly what it sounds like. The students of Lagunitas Community School help serve crab, drinks, and other foods to people in our community. Most of the 8th grade class helped out with serving food, and waiting tables. 

We worked the last shift of the night and it was so fun to spend time with our friends. Although we had some time to mingle, the work was very fast paced. The people we were serving loved the crab and continuously asked for more. Because of the high demand for service and melted butter, it could get stressful at times. We both loved the fast paced environment and it felt like an amazing opportunity to connect with our peers. We also really enjoyed talking to people, telling the community about what we are going to do in Alabama, where we are going, and why we are going there to learn about civil rights. We loved serving food, filling up water glasses, and bringing sauces.

There was also a silent auction, that wasn’t so silent. They sold gift baskets, art pieces and so much more. The prizes were all displayed on a table near the entrance. It was lovely to see the adults selling tickets and the kids serving tables, all work together. 

It was fast paced, a little chaotic, and so much fun. Most of our class can agree that it was a very successful event, not only the work and money aspect, but also the team building and working together. We are infinitely grateful to the Lions Club for providing us with opportunities to fund our trip.