Lagunitas Lit

The Student News Site of Lagunitas Community School

Lagunitas Lit

Lagunitas Lit

Puff Daddy Controversy
April 21, 2024
Final Alabama Update
Final Alabama Update
April 19, 2024

January Alabama Update

Parents and students have been working hard to keep up the fundraising for this year’s 8th grade Civil Rights tour of Alabama.  Parents started fundraising for this year’s trip almost a year before the occasion and have raised almost half the 82,000 needed for this year’s trip. The 8th grade class of 2024 is larger than many in the past, so more fundraising and effort must be needed to complete the financial goal. 

The most recent fundraising events were the two craft fairs bringing in $3,500 in total. Many parent volunteers of the 8th grade class donated small crafts to sell at each event. The first craft fair, held on December 2nd, brought in about $2,000 and 8th grade students showed up to work at the booth. At the second craft fair, two tables were set up to help fund raise for Alabama, the first being a craft table and the second being a bake sale. This event was hosted at the Fairfax pavilion and was part of the annual craft fair organized by the town of Fairfax. This event took place on December 9th and raised more than $1,500. An upcoming event to look forward to this spring include the Lions Crab feed in February which is an all-you-can-eat crab feed which has raised lots of money in the past. 

Many students are excited about the Alabama trip in April “I’m excited to learn more about the Civil Rights movement and travel across the country with my classmates” an 8th grader said. We still have a lot of work to do in terms of fundraising for the upcoming trip, but we have come a long way since the beginning of the year and with the help of many and a lot of hard work, we will be able to reach our goal. 

Alabama 2024